Fulcrum and Camclamp
A NEW, low-profile limited access mechanical clamping method provided by SIMPLE DESIGN and INNOVATIVE ENGINEERING!
This NEW clamping method is for testing and inspection of metal and plastic parts prior to assembly and has been developed using brilliant KISS (keep it simple stupid) engineering! By incorporating a cam-and-fulcrum actuated mechanism, the system permits clamping to ''B'' surface features of parts. This leaves external surfaces completely unimpeded for inspection at any point.
This Fulcrum and Camclamp offers many other significant advantages over Toggle Clamps, which are widely used throughout industry today. They are quicker and easier to apply, eliminate many distortion problems, and do not mar or distort the ''A'' surface of the part.
Fulcrum and Camclamps are currently being used successfully, on Quality Gauges, to check for proper fit and alignment of automotive interior and exterior trim panels at manufacturing plants.
A REVOLUTION IN QUALITY GAUGE CLAMPING!
Traditional toggle clamps distort parts when the clamp surface is not normal to the net. They also impede quality checks because the ''A'' surface is cluttered with the toggle clamps.
FULCRUM and CAMCLAMPS apply clamp pressure inside the doghouse to the attachment feature, as it is attached to the car!
COMPARE THE FULCRUM-CAMCLAMP AND TRADITIONAL TOGGLE CLAMPS
- Does not distort parts (clamps inside doghouse)
- Does not clutter ''A'' surface (clamps inside doghouse)
- Pressure only inside doghouse (auto attachment point)
- Simple/quick mechanical design-Low profile-Limited access
- Improves and speeds your quality checks!
TRADITIONAL TOGGLE CLAMP
- Distorts on uneven surfaces
- Clamp design requires ''A'' surface clamping
- Pressure on upper surfaces causes distortion
- Difficult to set up and maneuver around
- Can actually impede quality checks!